Complete Your Holiday Brunch with These Scrumptious, Make-Ahead Breakfast Potatoes
By Erin Loechner, Design for Mankind. Erin Loechner is a paid spokesperson for HEALTHY ESSENTIALS®
Food, family, friends - there’s little I love more than hosting a holiday gathering for loved ones. But between table settings, hors d'oeuvres and fancy heels, it’s far too easy to get wrapped up into a perfectionist frenzy before the guests even arrive. Can you relate?
Here’s my standby rule for a stress-free, laidback holiday: bypass the glitzy dinner party and host a simple make-ahead holiday brunch. After all, it's not what's on the table - it's who's around it. And who doesn’t love bacon?
Watch the recipe below for my go-to menu, including the easiest slow cooker breakfast potatoes around.
Centerpieces optional. Coffee not. Happy holidays to you and yours!
• 3 lb. potatoes, any variety
• 1 green bell pepper
• 1 red bell pepper
• 1 yellow bell pepper
• 1 medium onion
• 4 cloves garlic
• 2 Tbsp butter
• 2 tsp smoked paprika
• 2 tsp seasoned salt
• 2 tsp black pepper
• Extra-virgin olive oil for drizzling
• Chives for garnish, optional
• Dice the potatoes and add to a nonstick slow cooker with the butter, garlic, seasoned salt, black pepper and smoked paprika.
• Next, throw in finely diced onions and bell peppers, then drizzle with olive oil.
• Lastly, stir, cover and cook on high for 3 hours.
That’s it! Once you turn the cooker on, you’ve got plenty of time to clean up, pour a hot cup of coffee – and to welcome your guests with a happy heart.
Erin Loechner is a paid spokesperson for HEALTHY ESSENTIALS®