Easy and Healthy 4-Ingredient Banana Pancake Recipe
What’s more fun than cooking at home with your little ones? Nothing, especially when it’s an easy breakfast recipe for kids with ingredients you already have right at home. This simple four-ingredient recipe for banana pancakes is easy to make and healthy, too, and you probably already have everything you need for it in your pantry. What’s more, is it isn’t just for kids – it’s from a kid, 2019 4-H Youth in Action winner Elisabeth Watkins from California 4-H.
- 1 overripe banana
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon creamy nut butter (peanut, almond, walnut or cashew)
- 1 pinch of salt
How to Make Healthy Banana Pancakes
- In a medium bowl, mash the banana until smooth.
- Whisk in egg, nut butter and salt into the bowl.
- Heat a non-stick pan over medium heat. Grease the pan with butter or oil of choice.
- When the pan is hot, pour batter into 3-inch rounds.
- Cook until the edges become firm and can be flipped easily, about 2-3 minutes.
- Once the pancake is browned on the bottom, flip it and allow to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Repeat for the remaining batter.
- Top with maple syrup, more nut butter or fruit.
This banana pancake recipe makes six 3-inch pancakes.
In collaboration with National 4-H Council. For more tips and activities for your family, visit 4-H.org to download the Spring Activity Guide.