It’s a vulnerable (and yes, sometimes scary) feeling to be away from home and faced with an unexpected injury. But by keeping a well-stocked first-aid kit in the car, you’ll be prepared for unexpected situations, wherever you are. Always check your kit every few months to restock supplies that are running low!
1. Treat Minor Cuts and Scrapes
Forget about “airing out” a cut or scrape — research shows that it’s best to clean, treat and cover minor wounds right away to reduce the chance of infection, speed healing and reduce scarring. With these products stowed safely in your vehicle, you can follow proper wound-care protocol (and relieve sore muscles, aches and fever) wherever you are.
- NEOSPORIN® First Aid Antiseptic Foaming Liquid to ease and prevent infection
- NEOSPORIN® + Pain Relief Cream for Kids* to soothe painful wounds and prevent infection
- NEOSPORIN® Original Ointment for 24-hour infection protection
- BAND-AID® Brand Adhesive Bandages to cover wounds
- BAND-AID® Flexible Fabric Bandages to cover wounds
- Antiseptic swabs to clean and disinfect cuts, scrapes and burns
- Ultra Strength BENGAY® Cream to ease muscle soreness
- COACH® Self-Adhering Elastic Bandages for support and compression
- Hot packs to soothe sore muscles and joints
- Cold packs to treat swelling and strains
2. Enjoy the Outdoors
When your road trip leads to nature, don’t let outdoor fun get cut short by insect bites or splinters. Even mild reactions to insect bites, stings and skin irritations can cause considerable discomfort — and serious reactions require an immediate response. Be prepared with a car kit devoted to nipping allergic reactions in the bud.
- BENADRYL® Extra Strength Spray to treat skin rashes and insect bites
- NEOSPORIN® + Pain Relief NEO TO GO!® First Aid Antiseptic / Pain Relieving Spray for fast pain relief and infection protection
- Tweezers to remove splinters
Want a first-aid kit with a sense of style? The limited-edition Oh Joy first-aid bag featured in this article is available at the Target store nearest you.
3. Prepare for the Unexpected
Without the right preparation, unexpected mishaps can seriously derail a road trip adventure. Plan ahead for delays caused by rough weather, sudden headaches, engine trouble and more with these necessary items.
- TYLENOL® Extra Strength Caplets to relieve pain and headaches
- Infants’ TYLENOL® Oral Suspension** to relieve baby’s pain and reduce fever
- Flashlight to illuminate car troubles and dark destinations
- Hand sanitizer to keep germs at bay
- Battery-powered device chargers in case of travel delays
- Non-perishable snacks for unexpected detours
- Extra water for hydration
- Emergency blanket to stay warm in cold weather
With a well-stocked first-aid kit in your car, you’ll be better prepared for bumps in the road. Enjoy the trip!
*Adults and children ages 2 and older. Under 2 years of age: consult a doctor.
**Ages 24 to 36 months: follow dosing instructions. Under 2 years of age: consult a doctor.
©Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2017