Ways to Prevent Acne and Keep Clear Skin
What you put on your face – and what you don’t – can be the difference between clear skin and frequent breakouts. Prevent acne with a few simple steps.
While it is virtually impossible to permanently avoid pimples, you can make their occurrences few and far between. Acne is caused when three conditions are present within the pore. A combination of dead skin cells, bacteria and sebum can clog pores, leading to acne.
Here’s how to keep whiteheads, blackheads, pimples and other pesky blemishes at bay by keeping your pores unclogged:
- Use an acne cleanser: Acne-fighting cleansers and other treatments with salicylic acid will help skin cells shed more efficiently, keeping the pores clear.
- Choose the right cleanser: In addition to choosing an acne cleanser, make sure you choose the right one for your skin type. If your cleanser leaves your face too oily or too dry you’ll be more susceptible to breakouts.
- Look for ‘non-comedogenic’: Choosing products labeled non-comedogenic means they are formulated to not block the pores.
- Don’t overdo it: Washing and scrubbing the skin too often can lead to irritation and inflammation of the skin and should be avoided.
- Be kind to your skin: Avoid oily gels, sprays and other hair products off the skin of the face to help maintain a clear complexion.
To get more healthy, clear skin care tips and monthly information on top health and wellness information, sign up for the HEALTHY ESSENTIALS® newsletter.
©Johnson & Johnson Consumer Inc. 2016