Help clear head and congestion and relieve pain with TYLENOL® Cold Head Congestion Severe Caplets. These caplets provide temporary relief of tough cold symptoms including minor aches and pains, headaches, sore throat, nasal congestion, and sinus congestion and pressure while helping to loosen phlegm and temporarily reduce fever. Each caplet contains 325 mg of acetaminophen to relieve pain and reduce fever, 200 mg of guaifenesin to make coughs more productive, and 5 mg of phenylephrine HCI to reduce nasal congestion. TYLENOL® Cold Head Congestion Severe Caplets do not contain dextromethrorphan HBr.
Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning).
Adults and children 12 years and over:
• take 2 caplets every 4 hours
• swallow whole–do not crush, chew or dissolve
• do not take more than 10 caplets in 24 hours
Children under 12 years: Ask a doctor.
• store between 20-25°C (68-77°F)
Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-2755 (collect)
Active Ingredients (in each caplet): Acetaminophen 325 mg, guaifenesin 200 mg, phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Inactive Ingredients: Carnauba wax, croscarmellose sodium, flavor, hydroxypropyl cellulose, hypromellose, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, pregelatinized starch, sucralose, titanium dioxide, triacetin
each caplet contains: sodium 3 mg
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. The maximum daily dose of this product is 10 caplets (3,250 mg acetaminophen) in 24 hours. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• liver disease
• heart disease
• high blood pressure
• thyroid disease
• trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
• persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis or emphysema
• cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
• pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present
• new symptoms occur
• cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.