TYLENOL® Cold & Flu Severe Warming Liquid provides temporary relief of severe cold and flu symptoms, including minor aches and pains, sore throat, nasal congestion, chest congestion, cough, and fever. It combines acetaminophen to relieve pain and reduce fever along with three other medications: a nasal decongestant, an expectorant, and a cough suppressant. The liquid formula soothes with a gentle warming sensation and Honey Lemon flavor.
Do not take more than directed (see overdose warning)
• mL = milliliter; TBSP = tablespoon; FL OZ = fluid ounce
• use only enclosed dosing cup designed for use with this product. Do not use any other dosing device.
Adults and children 12 years and over:
• take 30 mL (2 TBSP) (1 FL OZ) in the dosing cup provided every 4 hours while symptoms last
• do not take more than 150 mL (10 TBSP)
(5 FL OZ) in 24 hours, unless directed by a doctor
Children under 12 years: Ask a doctor.
• store between 20-25°C (68-77°F). Do not refrigerate.
• each 15 mL (1 TBSP) (1/2 FL OZ) contains: sodium 5 mg)
Questions or comments? call 1-877-895-3665 (toll-free) or 215-273-8755 (collect)
Active Ingredients (in each 15 mL = 1 tablespoon): Acetaminophen 325 mg, dextromethorphan HBr 10 mg, guaifenesin 200 mg, phenylephrine HCl 5 mg
Inactive Ingredients: Anhydrous citric acid, FD&C blue no. 1, FD&C red no. 40, FD&C yellow no. 6, flavor, glycerin, propylene glycol, purified water, sodium benzoate, sorbitol solution, sucralose
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: acetaminophen may cause severe skin reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening
If a skin reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed
by fever, headache, rash, nausea or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure
whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric or emotional conditions, or Parkinson’s disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients.
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• liver disease
• heart disease
• high blood pressure
• thyroid disease
• trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
• persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
• cough that occurs with too much phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin.
When using this product do not exceed recommended dose.
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occur
• pain, nasal congestion or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present
• new symptoms occur
• cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts
These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children.
Overdose warning: In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. (1-800-222-1222) Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.